Subject: Follow-up on EU elections
From: "President" <[email-masked]>
To: "SM Info"
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 17:47:24 +0300

Honourable Ms Signe Riisalo,

Minister of Social Protection,

I am writing to you on behalf of  <https://www.socialeconomy.eu.org/>
Social Economy Europe, the European network that federates and represents
Social Economy toward EU institutions.

I am contacting you regarding two crucial matters for the future of the
social economy in Europe, a topic your country recently supported through
the adoption of the recommendations for condition frameworks for Social
Economy. Attached to this email, you will find a detailed letter outlining
our requests and here the link to
<https://www.socialeconomy.eu.org/weputpeople-beforeprofit-eu-election/>
SEE’s Memorandum.

Firstly, we would like to ensure that the nomination of a European
Commissioner responsible for the Social Economy remains a priority on your
government's agenda or during negotiations. This nomination is essential
for the continuity of the Social Economy Action Plan (SEAP) and the
broader development of the social economy sector. If there is anything we
can do to assist in advocating for this nomination, please let us know.

Secondly, we would like to ask your party's approval for the renewal and
continuity of the Social Economy Intergroup (SEIG) within the European
Parliament. The Intergroup has played a vital role in mainstreaming the
social economy perspective into legislative and non-legislative work, and
its continued existence is critical for ensuring the proper implementation
of the SEAP.

Your commitment to these causes is invaluable. If you have any questions
or if there is any way I can help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your support and consideration.

Respectfully yours,

 Juan Antonio Pedreño

PRESIDENT of Social Economy Europe

Social Economy Europe

Rue des Alexiens 16B

1000 Brussels

website: <http://www.socialeconomy.eu.org/>  www.socialeconomy.eu.org

Tel. +32 471 76 82 27

Skype: socialeconomyeurope

Follow us on twitter  <https://twitter.com/SocialEcoEU> SocialEcoEU

 <http://eepurl.com/gIUL19> Subscribe to our newsletter